-
November 24th, 2004, 03:39 PM
#11
Senior Hostboard Member
Heh, like take this, you guys don't celebrate name days, which kicks ass! =P
-
November 24th, 2004, 03:47 PM
#12
Inactive Member
You guys get out of school/work for name days?
-
November 24th, 2004, 04:50 PM
#13
Senior Hostboard Member
Me neither... ?? I'm gonna suck in school, wave of tests this week an' I hate it. but anyway, enjoy your time!
-
November 24th, 2004, 05:00 PM
#14
HB Forum Owner
IRT Xel: You guys get out of school/work for name days?
Nope, and I don't give much for my name day except for the part where I'm getting gifts (ha ha I suck), but for my birthday I skip classes (not a common practice, but if I'm skipping class at regular days I might as well do so in my birthday, don't you think so?).
We have different holidays plus extra no school days, let me think... I won't be able to remember all of them but it's more or less like (from most important to least):
- Christmas (DEC-24 with traditional Christmas dinner; 0:00: gifts; DEC-25 Christmas; no class from DEC-21 to JAN-08 for students)
- Wise Men's day (JAN-06, gifts)
- New Year's day (DEC-31: modern nochevieja tradition with dinner and grapes)
- Holy week (starting first April monday for students, first thursday after first monday for the rest, ending in sunday, it's important because most people take the whole week off to go on vacations somewhere)
- Hispanity day (OCT-12, national holiday, big army parade presided by the King)
- Constitution's day (DEC-06 to DEC-08 off, moved conveniently so it's near a weekend for people to go on mini-vacations)
- 3 regional days (every region gets different days, meh)
- Worker's day (MAY-01)
- All Saints day (NOV-01, this is what you get instead of your name's day so everybody has the day off)
- Fool's day (DEC-28, but no day off for workers)
- White week (somewhere in FEB, for non-uni students only, they usually go to the mountains)
- Easter (APR-11, gifts in rare occasions)
- Your town's day (actually, the city where you study/work, if it's different than yours, which is why why this is the stupidest holiday since not all of your family get the same day)
- Vacations (workers: 1 month, students: 2.5 months, varying from region to region and uni to uni (less in uni))
Besides this, you celebrate your birthday, your wedding anniversary if married, and your name's day, all of which you get gifts in.
-
November 24th, 2004, 05:48 PM
#15
Senior Hostboard Member
Give me your Brain Wise. Hand it over now! xD
Anyway, yeah we're equal, we have our own celebrations.
-
November 25th, 2004, 04:23 AM
#16
Senior Hostboard Member
Nope, but we got presents, and that's on the same lvl. They're like small birthdays.
-
November 25th, 2004, 04:25 AM
#17
Inactive Member
For this years Thankgiving, i present a gift for the americans. Have some Turkey breast.
-
November 25th, 2004, 04:26 AM
#18
Inactive Member
*Boner*
So we're equal then! More days off for us, more presents for you.
-
November 25th, 2004, 04:31 AM
#19
Inactive Member
But we get the best language.
-
November 25th, 2004, 04:35 AM
#20
Inactive Member
Yeah, you're ri- waitaminute!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks